If you have the passion and skillset for engaging with the university and other diverse communities about faith, scholarship, vocation, and more, consider joining our team! The application deadline is July 28 and contact information is below.
Digital Designer / Social Media Specialist (Part-Time)
The Stephen & Laurel Brown Foundation (Upper House) curates experiences of Christian thinking, being, and doing for personal transformation and the life of the world.
Based in University Square in the heart of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, Upper House is a place where people, faith, values, ideas, and the arts come together to enliven vocational, intellectual, and cultural formation.
In carrying out its mission, the Stephen & Laurel Brown Foundation works in partnership with community leaders, nonprofit organizations, student-based ministries, and churches, along with University departments, centers, and institutes.
Position (.25 – .50 FTE)
The Digital Designer and Social Media Specialist will help advance Upper House’s engagement with our stakeholders and diverse communities—locally, at UW-Madison, and beyond. Reporting to the Communications Manager, this position will contribute to the design, posting, and tracking of content on a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media, as appropriate.
Specifically, the specialist will —
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on conceptualizing social media posts/stories and program promotions to build awareness and engagement.
- Select images, develop graphics, draft text, and brand social media posts, including stories and short videos, to share Upper House invitations, life, and growth opportunities.
- Leverage social media scheduler (e.g., Later.com or Hootsuite) to stagger posts across social media platforms.
- Monitor and analyze social media metrics; propose and implement strategies to extend reach and increase engagement on all platforms.
- Collaborate with Communications Manager to strengthen cross-platform branding, develop a social media style guide, and set up time-saving templates.
- Assist with branding and sharing of YouTube videos and podcasts.
- Experience with social media platforms, especially Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, plus willingness to learn others.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work with a variety of team members, including undergraduate student interns.
- Commitment to consistently meet goals and attend to details.
- Creative, audience-sensitive mindset.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g., InDesign, Spark, Photoshop) or similar applications.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with WordPress, photography, videography, and illustration, a plus.
- Bachelors degree in communication, marketing, journalism, or graphic design preferred; alternative experience considered.
- Applicant must agree with Upper House statement of faith (www.upperhouse.org/about/statement-of-faith/).
Submit application with cover letter and three social media/digital design examples to Susan Smetzer-Anderson, Upper House Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.