- This event has passed.
We are so excited to welcome people into Upper House this Thursday and Friday for The Global Leadership Summit (GLS). If you are considering attending or already registered, you should know how we are preparing for the in-person gathering.
Recently, due to accelerated spread of the COVID Delta variant, Public Health of Madison and Dane County issued guidelines stating they “strongly encourage mask-wearing indoors, regardless of vaccination status.” At Upper House, all staff and volunteers will wear masks; however, we want our guests to freely choose for themselves. We have limited the size of the guest list to assure comfortable social distancing, while at the same time giving people space to network.
Whether you are attending GLS in person or online, Upper House believes in the importance of equipping people in all fields and vocations to be stewards of their gifts, leaders in their fields, and to see their work as full of spiritual potential. This is why we partner with the Global Leadership Network to host GLS for our local Madison community.
If you are ready to register, you can do so now. If you want to learn more first, read on about what GLS offers.
- REGISTER through Upper House with priority code 21HSFAMILY for the best available rate of $129.
- NOTE In-person attendance at GLS will be well below 50% Grand Hall capacity. You can also opt to attend online. All registrants will receive a 7-day on-demand access to watch or re-watch sessions that resonate.
What makes GLS unique?
GLS is both an educational and community-enriching experience—a two-day live simulcast of rich, high-impact leadership development sessions headlined by diverse faculty who bring wisdom and practical perspective to advance your leadership growth. You can attend individually and network with other leaders at Upper House, or enjoy the Summit online, if you prefer.
Why attend GLS?
Every single day, you influence people around you—for better or worse, in big and small ways—through your routines, communication style, and actions. During the pandemic you may have found your energies redirected or depleted, your team culture altered, your imagination challenged, and your skillset tapped. We believe this is an ideal time to replenish vision and leverage sharpened leadership tools going forward.
To that end, GLS is a source of equipping, for us and our teams, bringing together world-class faculty to provide real-world leadership insight and actionable concepts that can help us leverage influence more effectively.
Whether you’re a business leader, CEO, pastor, teacher, nurse, student, artist, soldier, parent, doctor, volunteer, entrepreneur, or simply finding your place, your leadership matters. It matters in all the spheres you influence.
Who will be on stage?
- A.R. Bernard | Founder, President & Senior Pastor, Christian Cultural Center; Author
- Bianca Juarez Olthoff | Pastor, The Father’s House; Founder & President, In The Name of Love; Best-Selling Author
- Craig Groeschel | Founder & Senior Pastor, Life.Church; Best-Selling Author; Champion of the GLS
- Dr. Francesca Gino | Social & Behavioral Scientist; Professor at Harvard Business School; Author
- Dr. Henry Cloud | Clinical Psychologist; Leadership Expert; Best-Selling Author
- Ibukun Awosika | Chairman, First Bank Nigeria Limited; Founder & CEO, The Chair Centre Group
- Jamie Kern Lima | Founder, IT Cosmetics; New York Times Best-selling Author
- Jerry Lorenzo | Founder & Designer of Fashion Label, Fear of God; Global Head, Adidas Basketball
- Juliet Funt | CEO & Founder, WhiteSpace at Work
- Malcolm Gladwell | Host, Revisionist History Podcast; Staff Writer, The New Yorker; Former Science & Medicine Reporter, The Washington Post; Best-Selling Author
- Michelle Poler | Founder, Hello Fears; Social Entrepreneur; Author
- Rich Wilkerson Jr. | Co-Founder, VOUS Leadership Conference; Lead Pastor, VOUS Church; Author
- Richard Montañez | Inventor of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos; Former Vice President of Multicultural Sales & Community Activation, PepsiCo North America; Philanthropist; Author
- Shola Richards | Founder & CEO, Go Together Global; Workplace Civility Expert; Best-Selling Author
- General Stanley McChrystal | Retired Four-Star Army General; Chairman, Service Year Alliance; Founder, McChrystal Group; Senior Fellow, Yale University; Best-Selling Author
What topics will be covered? When?
Here you can link to the Summit schedule (which is subject to change) and view the variety of topics and perspectives that speakers will discuss—
- Cultivating Innovation
- Building Trust
- Maximizing Productivity
- Overcoming Fear
- Influencing Change
- Managing Conflict
- Improving Workplace Civility
- Casting Vision
- and so much more
When and where is GLS?
Upper House is the local host site in Madison, WI. We are part of a network of 500+ host sites across the country, gathering hundreds of thousands of growth-minded leaders like you. In other words, attendees will be joining a global meeting, a uniquely invigorating experience.
For the August 5 and 6 (Thursday and Friday) Summit, you can register to attend in-person at Upper House (capacity is limited) or online. All registrations include 7-day on-demand access to watch or re-watch content at your convenience. The live sessions will run from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (CDT) on Thursday and 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (CDT) on Friday.
How do I register?
Using the Upper House priority code—21HSFAMILY for the best available rate of $129— register here.
We look forward to seeing you!