Return to Wonder: A Contemplative Retreat
Fri 06.11.21 @ 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM CDTRegister
- This event has passed.
Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
As we open our hearts to wonder, we move deeper into the mystery of who God is. Our questions are doors, opening from curiosity into awe. We stand, finite and remarkable, and wonder at the majesty of the One who sang it all into being—and still loves us today.
Whether wonder seemed elusive this past year, or accompanied you as a friend all the way through, we invite you to set aside time to contemplate and be with God as we enter a summer replete with new possibilities.
Led by Krissy Kludt, creator of Field Guides for the Way, this one-day exploration of wonder will offer times of listening and learning, guided personal time with God, and unique spiritual practices from the Wonder field guide. Gathering outdoors at Dottie’s Ranch (weather permitting), we will cultivate curiosity, embrace mystery, and revel in awe together.
This retreat will run from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM; however, Dottie’s Ranch will remain open until 4:00 PM for those who want to extend their personal retreat time. Everyone is also invited to wander the grounds, which are near a natural area.
What to bring
- an outdoor chair for personal time outside
- comfortable walking shoes if you want to “wander”
- a jacket or blanket for warmth if the morning is cooler
- a travel mug to keep your tea or coffee hot (or you can use one of our regular mugs)
- a refillable water bottle (if you don’t want a plastic one)
- sunglasses and/or sunhat and sunscreen if it’s a sunny day
- a Bible
- a pen/pencil for writing exercises
- a journal
What we provide
- hot coffee and tea (and a mug if you don’t have a travel one)
- fresh bakery items
- one Wonder kit per guest
- bottled water
- a beautiful outdoor setting
- sound amplification for our outdoor sessions
- alternate location at Upper House in case of rain
8:30 AM — Arrival and Hot Drinks
9:00 AM — Session 1: Curiosity
10:15 AM — Session 2: Mystery
11:30 AM — Lunch
12:30 PM — Session 3: Awe
2:00 PM — Farewell
$30/person (includes both lunch and Wonder kit)
Space is limited.
About Our Retreat Leader
Krissy Kludt is a poet and creative/contemplative adventurer who writes about identity, the land, mystery, divine love, and the passage of time. Author of A Good Way Through (2017) and creator of Field Guides for the Way, she guides retreats and workshops on spiritual practice and creativity. She works and plays in the East Bay outside of San Francisco, on the ancestral lands of the Ohlone and Miwok peoples, with her husband and two sons.