Poetry in the Wild
Thu 06.09.22 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CDTRegister
- This event has passed.
What does it look like to set our wild thoughts free? Poetry, like all art, helps us to access the riches of the human experience. We can express without having to figure everything out. We can explore the world through words—the world around us and the world within. Our words have much to teach us.
On Thursday, June 9, join poet Krissy Kludt for Poetry in the Wild, a one-day poetry retreat at Dottie’s Ranch. Our exploration of poetry will be both playful and deep, as Krissy shares her poetry and guides our time writing and sharing. Previous writing experience is not necessary to participate.
A past workshop participant shared, I hope that everyone struggling to find a way through the mess of these last years can … find a space to reflect and to reconnect with themselves and with kindred creative spirits. Krissy’s workshops offer exactly that. She joyously affirms that we all deserve the respite and release of putting words to paper…
8:30 AM Arrival: Coffee, tea, and bakery
9:00 AM Session 1: Making Room for the Wild
10:30 AM Session 2: Learning with the Wild
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Session 3: Setting the Wild Free
2:45 PM Session 4: Becoming Wild
3:45 PM Close
$40/person (includes lunch and a small notebook)
Poet Krissy Kludt writes about identity, the land, mystery, divine love, and the passage of time. Author of A Good Way Through and creator of Field Guides for the Way, she guides retreats and workshops on writing, creativity, and spiritual practice. She works and plays in the East Bay outside of San Francisco, on the ancestral lands of the Ohlone and Miwok peoples, with her husband and two sons.
What to bring
- an outdoor chair for personal time outside
- comfortable walking shoes if you want to wander
- a jacket or blanket for warmth if the morning is cooler
- a travel mug to keep your tea or coffee hot (or you can use one of our regular mugs)
- a refillable water bottle
- sunglasses and/or sunhat and sunscreen if it’s a sunny day
- a pen/pencil for writing exercises
- a journal or notebook (if you prefer to use your own)
What we provide
- hot coffee and tea (and a mug if you don’t have a travel one)
- fresh bakery items
- bottled water
- a small (5.5”x8.3”), lined journal/notebook
- extra writing utensils
- a beautiful outdoor setting
- sound amplification for our outdoor sessions
- alternate location inside Dottie’s Ranch in case of rain