- This event has passed.
Looking for permission to simply read all day long? Wondering when you’ll have the time to tackle your reading pile? Craving space without interruptions or distractions to lose yourself in your favorite book or academic reading that needs your attention?
We’ve got you covered! That’s right: this is an invitation to step away from the daily grind and to pick up your literary loves, your neglected reading pile, or academic assignments. Whether you’re a student, professor, church leader, or community member, we’re offering a serene, reader-friendly, unplugged, distraction-free zone just to read!
Pop-up Rules for the Day…
- Upper House Wi-Fi will be turned OFF for the entire day. So, leave your laptops at home or in your bag and pre-download your Kindle books before you arrive.
- Read, read, read. If you have other non-reading work to do that day, consider completing it before you arrive or after you leave.
- Set up camp or drop in for a break. You’re welcome to come read for an hour in-between classes or, if you prefer, to bring a stack of books and join us for the whole day.
- Distraction-free = Quiet please. Please be considerate of your fellow readers.
Look Forward To…
- Cozy seating and extra tables.
- Extended A Just Brew cafe hours from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Coffee and tea is available for a donation.
- Free snacks.
- Free book raffles.
- A book sharing board: What are you reading today?
- Optional reading accessories—your favorite tote (filled with books, of course), slippers, even a blanket or pillow—are all welcome. Whatever it takes to help you settle in and read!
November 18 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM CST
We Will Feast: Rethinking Dinner, Worship, and the Community of God
October 28 @ 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT
Redeeming Your Time: 7 Biblical Principles for Being Purposeful, Present, and Wildly Productive
October 23 @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM CDT
More than Just Mosaics: The Ancient Synagogue at Huqoq in Israel’s Galilee
October 13 @ 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT
How to Fight Racism — Learning Cohort for Dane County Pastors and Clergy
October 6 @ 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM CDT