In this special episode, Dan Johnson, Director of Technology and Campus Ministry Engagement at Upper House, takes the reins as host as he reports on campus ministries at UW-Madison.
What happened when the global pandemic forced UW-Madison to pause its in-person instruction, suspending all campus ministries in the process? How has the pandemic affected ministry at UW-Madison?
Dan explores these questions with five campus ministries at UW-Madison. Dan talks with, in order of appearance:
- Fr. Eric Nielsen, Pastor and Executive Director at St. Paul’s University Catholic Center
- Erica Liu, Pastor and Director of Campus Ministry at Pres House
- Jeff Vandenberg, Senior Staff for the Navigators
- Jordan Mancl, Senior Staff for Cru
- Kesha Wilkinson, State Director for the Impact Movement
These five ministers offer five different stories, perspectives, and reflections. They each reflect on the history of their ministries, March 2020 and the transition to virtual ministry, and what they have learned over the last 18 months. They each also discuss their hope for students at UW-Madison in the coming year.
As always we invite you to leave us a rating on your favorite podcast app or send us a comment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credits: music by Micah Behr, audio engineering by Andy Johnson, graphic design by Madeline Ramsey.